Firefighters rescue corgi trapped in chair

On Sunday 20 April 2014, Ammanford firefighters responded to one of their more unusual call outs - to free a corgi trapped beneath a reclining chair!

The corgi called Princess got caught in a scissors action when her owner sat down in the chair unaware his pet was snoozing underneath - and eventually had to be freed by the firefighters using cutting gear.

The owner tried to free the dog by taking off the reclining chair's nuts and bolts but in the end decided to call for assistance instead.

"The owner was obviously very relieved when we managed to get his dog out and her tail was wagging so I guess she was pretty happy too", the firefighting crew's manager, Jason Cadman, told the Guardian and added "Looking back, it was one of the funnier jobs we've been called out on".

South Wales Guardian 23.04.2014